Put on some fancy panties, you’re going to earn points for this one. This dinner is so easy to make, goes perfectly with a bottle of wine, and (gasp) it’s healthy. Plus, these little heart shaped beets are enough to make a unicorn say awwww. To save hassle, use precooked packaged beets. They taste great and save you from cooking, peeling and cooling. Enjoy!
Baked Acorn Squash
1. Cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and place a scoop each of chopped walnuts, brown sugar (you can sub molasses) and Earth Balance (you can sub butter or margarine) in the center of each halved squash.
2. Place squash in a baking pan with a 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the pan.
3. Bake for about an hour in a 400 degree oven.
1. Cut cooked beets into slices and use a heart shaped cookie cutter on each one. (The scraps are great for pre-dinner snacking)
2. Drop goat cheese on top of lettuce, chopped walnuts and beets.
3. Sprinkle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh pepper.
Sauteed Clamshell Mushrooms
1. Lightly saute mushrooms in a little bit of grape seed oil.
2. That’s it, you’re done.